This course will take learners through 6 key sections of dairy microbiology.
To view a short demo of this course please click here.
Members of The Society of Dairy Technology receive discounts on all our courses.
Please enter your membership number during the checkout process to apply the discount.
Members – £60 +VAT
Non members – £110 +VAT
To find out more about membership please click here.
To purchase this course multiple times to distribute to other users please click here.
On completion of the module the learner will be able to:
- State the importance of microbes to the dairy industry
- Name the different types of micro-organisms associated with milk and dairy products
- Explain bacterial structure and growth requirements
- Discuss the importance of temperature in bacterial growth and destruction
- Describe the typical bacteria in milk and their characteristics
- List bacteria that are important for producing flavour and texture in dairy products
- Discuss practices used to control dairy plant hygiene
This course covers:
- Micro-organisms and their importance in milk
- Types of micro-organisms in milk
- Bacterial reproduction & growth
- Bacteria in milk: Important groups
- A top line look at Dairy plant hygiene