This course will enable learners to understand the milk production process from the dairy cow right through the movement of milk from farms to factories.
To view a short demo of this course please click here.
Members of The Society of Dairy Technology receive discounts on all our courses.
Please enter your membership number during the checkout process to apply the discount.
Members – £60 +VAT
Non members – £110 +VAT
To find out more about membership please click here.
To purchase this course multiple times to distribute to other users please click here.
Following completion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Describe the nutritional benefits of milk
- Describe the milk production cycle of a cow
- Recognise the milk production process from cow to dairy factory
- Explain the key quality and hygiene issues related to milk production
This course will cover:
- The background of why milk is considered nature’s most complete food
- The Dairy Cow, and the milk production cycle
- Milk production on the farm; feeding the dairy cow, farm assurance and the milking process
- Milk hygiene at the farm and the sources of contamination
- Milk distribution, the movement of milk from farms to dairy factories