This course will take learners through the 7 milk products most commonly manufactured in the UK.
To view a short demo of this course please click here
Members of The Society of Dairy Technology receive discounts on all our courses.
Please enter your membership number during the checkout process to apply the discount.
Members – £60 +VAT
Non members – £110 +VAT
To find out more about membership please click here.
To purchase this course multiple times to distribute to other users please click here.
This module presents an overview of the milk products most commonly manufactured in the UK.
The products include:
- Milks and milk drinks
- Ice cream
- Milk powders
On completion of the module the learner will be able to:
- List the most commonly manufactured products from milk in the UK
- Describe the steps in the manufacture of these milk products, relating to manufacturing conditions where appropriate
- Describe the ingredients used in the manufacture of the milk products
- State key legislative requirements for the typical milk products in the UK
- State the typical composition of these milk products
- Explain key chemical changes occurring during the manufacture of the milk products