This course will take learners through 6 key sections of dairy chemistry.
To view a short demo of this course please click here.
Members of The Society of Dairy Technology receive discounts on all our courses.
Please enter your membership number during the checkout process to apply the discount.
Members – £60 +VAT
Non members – £110 +VAT
To find out more about membership please click here.
To purchase this course multiple times to distribute to other users please click here.
On completion of the module the learner will be able to:
- Describe the structure of milk fat and relate to the seasonal variation in the hardness of butter
- Describe the protein composition of milk
- Explain the casein micelle structure and the role of casein in the acid and enzyme induced coagulation of milk
- Describe the structure of lactose and its key reactions in milk
- List the minor components found in milk
- Discuss the physical properties of milk, their measurement, and technological significance
This course will cover:
- Milk: components and structure
- Milk fat
- Milk proteins
- Minor components
- Physical properties